You don’t necessarily need to live in a high-crime city to really care about security. Basic measures are almost essential even if you live in the safest locality. After all, you never know when and how someone can break-in your property. It’s better to stay prepared to prevent this than to be in uncertainty and “hope” it doesn’t happen with you.
Now there’s no “defined” way how to secure your property, and family. It depends on the kind of property you have, as well as several other factors. For instance, if you live in an apartment in a housing society, the security of the whole property is the responsibility of everyone living in that society. So, getting together with other residents and working out a plan is the way to go.
1. Hiring security guards to keep a watch on the perimeter is usually the first step. The security team, split into smaller groups, can be stationed at key spots from where they can keep an efficient watch on specific parts of the society.
2. Installing CCTV cameras at strategic places to get a full picture of the property is the next important step. Note that CCTV cameras should be of superior quality; features like night vision, remote access, high resolution, wide-angle, and cloud backup are some of the key features to look for.
3. The security guards can be further trained to be more efficient at work. They can be trained to handle drones.
4. On the individual level, the apartment owners can also install CCTV cameras outside their doors for maximum security. This is especially important if they aren’t aware of the kind of people who live in the building.
If you live in a bungalow, or a large property that’s entirely owned by you (like a villa), the responsibility of perimeter lies solely on you. In that case, you need to have the right strategy and plan around how to secure your property and thwart the possible attempts of break-ins.
1. Foremost, connect with a good fence company that’s recognized for superior quality offerings. Buy high-quality fences and put them around your property. Make sure they are anti-climb and anti-cut. Ensure the height of fences is appropriate.
2. Install CCTV cameras that pack advanced features. Remote accessibility is one of the key features to look for. This way, even when you’re away from the home, you can get a live feed of your property through the camera on your phone or laptop. Also, make sure it has night vision.
3. There are several other steps you can take to ensure full-proof security on the property. Like, installing PIR beam sensors that set off an alarm upon detecting an intrusion, investing in stronger gates, and keeping the surrounding area around the property clear so that there’s no spot to hide.
We have covered this as a case study in a separate post.
Please read: Stopping Break-in Attempt at Factory: Case Study Challenge
These are a few things people can do to protect their properties against criminals. So, take a step today and create your property’s security checklist. Incorporate the points mentioned above. Based on where you live, the law and compliance in that city, and other factors, add more points to that checklist. And then take steps accordingly in keeping your property safe and secure.
It is pleasure working with well informed team of S.K.Weldedmesh Pvt. Ltd.,their expertise has brought results to our projects. They understand the customer’s requirements and priorities. A quality product is always appreciated in our field of work.
For years now we have trusted SK Welded products for a range of construction projects I have worked on. A good Mesh Manufacturing company in West Bengal that doesn’t just talk about quality but actually delivers it. Plus, their pricing is equally appropriate, which makes working with them an obvious and preferred choice.